Call to Artists- Shadow in the Arts
The following was sent by Lauren Kearns (see below for contact info):
I am putting out this call for artists for Proposals for workshops for the Thompson School District, Shadow in the Arts Program.
I am seeking artists who love to teach, who can infuse the students with excitement for creating and discovery. I need well- structured proposals for projects, and it is best to plan for more activity/creation, than less. Be creative in your proposals! The project must be able to be completed in the time frame allowed, and student must be able to take it home. The students will be nominated, so you will have an active, engaged student who will be excited to be able to create!
Proposals need to include the following:
· Title of the Proposal
· Learning outcomes (what students can learn?)
· Materials list (approximate)
• High School ages - 1 Day workshop – hours are 9-3 with the kids, so plan on a 1 hour set up and clean up. The date is
• Middle School ages - 1 Day workshop – hours are 9-3 with the kids, so plan on a 1 hour set up and clean up. The date is
• Elementary School Ages- 1 day – 2 groups –and 1-4 - so plan on a 1 hour set up and clean up. The date is
The pay is $150.00 for the day
The budget for materials is $500.00 for each session/day
I will be coordinating the artists, students and materials, so you will have assistance to plan, purchase materials and anything else you need in planning, and for the entire day of the activity.